The specific responsibilities of the Director of Conferences are to:
Develop and maintain a guide for conducting Society conferences/symposia.
This document will include minimum Society expectations, helpful
hints and suggestions, and lessons learned, and will be updated
- Maintain historical records of past conferences/symposia, including financial
records, hotel counts, award recipients, hotel points of contact,
conference/symposia points of contact, etc.;
Assist in the management of conferences/symposia as required.
For the annual International System Safety Conference (ISSC):
- Prepare and maintain a 3-5 year plan for Conference sites;
- Provide guidance to each Conference committee;
- Monitor the progress of the Conference committee;
- Conduct a post-Conference financial audit;
- Seek opportunities for cooperation with other complementary organizations
for joint conferences or representation at their conferences (e.g.,
with the NSC).
For other conferences and symposia:
- Encourage and assist Chapters and regions (through Regional VPs) to sponsor
mini-conferences and symposia in their geographical areas on topics
of specific interest;
- Arrange Society support, as necessary, for such conferences/symposia;
- Arrange contractual agreements with sponsors for use of the Society's name